Saturday, August 13, 2005

sweet 'n tart carrots


This post is dedicated to "Mr. Julius," a wonderful cat. Uncomplaining, gentle, and friendly. All he asked is to have a warm spot to lay and watch the birds. And a little kibble now and then. Wherever you are, Mr. J, here's to you. Fondly.

I'm using today's post to save this great recipe. I haven't made it, but I've eaten it! And I love it. I keep meaning to make it . . . and will do so, very, very soon.

This recipe isn't really from FoodTV but their website is great -- and I can't count the times I've gotten great recipes there. allrecipes.com is great too. But this recipe is from some piece of paper in the pile of papers. So...here goes:

Sweet 'n Tart Carrots
24 oz. frozen cut carrots, thawed
1/2 C. bell pepper, chopped
1/3 C. onion, chopped
2/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. cider vinegar
1/3 C. oil
1 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 can condensed tomato soup (10 oz)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix carrots, bell pepper and onion in a medium bowl.
Place rest of ingredients in a pot on the stove; bring to a boil over medium heat.
Pour over vegetables and mix.
Keep in refrigerator to blend the flavors.
10-12 servings

I dedicate this site to "Mr. Julius", an extraordinary cat. Wherever you are, Mr. J, you're my buddy.

1 comment:

Tosh said...

Aw. You really felt for that cat huh? That's sweet. You are truly a softy.

I'll have to give that recipe a try.

Love,
Stacy