Saturday, August 13, 2005

Sleep is So Overrated!


Another day...another night of insomnia. Well, not insomnia, per se; more like I'm done sleeping for now. And it's 3am! By 7am, when I have to be driving down the road to work (on Saturday no less), I'll be very, very tired.

This is my active time for thinking and writing. Early a.m. -- even the birds are silent outside my apartment. The friggin' hum of the generator out there does not quit, tho'. Even at 3 friggin' a.m. SBC, fie on you!!

The lists of "to do's" at work run through my mind. Note to self: write a list of all the stuff I didn't write down in my planner -- so I can remember what to do come Monday morning!

Am writing this since I forgot to bring another excellent library book home to read. Am reading the series written by Barbara Neely: Blanche on the Lam, Blance Among the Talented Tenth, etc.

Also...started to fill out the crossword puzzle in the Alameda Journal. Trying to stave off the onset of Alzheimer's.

No comments: