Monday, October 03, 2005

ridin' the rails

Amtrak between Sacra-Pimento and Oakland...wow! I was full of energy after (& in spite of) my door-to-door 3.5 hour trip from oakland to Sac-town. That's from the office, to the train, to the bus, to home. But, like I say, rarin' to go. Not that totally drained feeling, like when I drive a car that same journey.

Plus, big benefit -- the Suisun marsh is beginning to fill up with birds making their way through the Pacific Flyway. We are so lucky to be right on the birdie freeway of the California West Coast. I spied a group of approximately 20 floppy-winged creatures, which can only be SANDHILL CRANES, between Suisun and Dixon.

I saw some of them a week ago at the Grey Lodge preserve, near the town of Gridley. Yay, it's sandhill crane season.

Let the beautiful autumn season in . . . the temperature's changing.

1 comment:

Tosh said...

Check you out! Getting wacky with the sidebar!